"My darling girl, when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue?
It rather denotes a lack of courage."


~Practical Magic~

Digital Freebie Update

Just to let you know.
The digital freebies found on the right hand sidebar have been updated and now are ready for downloading.

Monday, March 15, 2010

Create It-Green DT Reveal

Hello Crafty Bloggers :)
Time for another Create It- Green Design Team Reveal!
The Challenge for the Altered Team this month, use a paper bag, tissue paper or lined paper to create an Eco- friendly project.

I decided to use paper bags for my project this month.
The end result a Paper Bag Wreath.
I used a total of 3 Paper Bags to create this Wreath.
Two of the bags coming from one of my favorite places to buy bread, Paneras Bread! Yummy!!!
They give you those lovely heavy brown bags with the twisted paper handles, the other from my local grocery store.

All items contained in this wreath are created from the brown bags, with exception of a little hemp rope that intertwined in with the braiding.


Using the handles from my bags for the centers of my flowers and the curly vines I also unrolled one ever so gently for the Bow.
Next time I think I will use 2 handles for the bow so it will be larger.
To create this wreath
Open 2 bags very gently so you have a large rectangle.
Cut 3 strips of equal width horizontally from the 2 bags.
Gather 3 Strips and bind at one end.I used twine to hole my end together.
Twist each strip before braiding.
With Glue add in your other 3 Strips onto the bottom of each of your first strips.
Binding with glue.
then twist this addition of Paper bag.
I clamped each of my 3 strips together using clothes pins until the glue was nice and set.
Begin to braid your Paper Bag strips together.
Form your Wreath , then secure by wrapping twine around the ends.
Now your Wreath is ready to decorate how ever you choose.
I created flowers using my 3rd Paper bag .
Finishing off with Ink, Glimmer Mist and a Clear Acrylic Sealer to set the Wreath.
That's it fairly easy and fast project to complete.
Don't forget to stop by and check out all the other fantastic creations created by the DT members at Create It-Green this month.
You will find projects, Scrapbook and Card Sketches.
All using everyday items that we find around the home everyday.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!
Think Green ( it is almost Saint Patrick's Day after all) :)!!

5 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Your creativity simply amazes me! I love this!

Lois aka katesmum said...

Wow!!! That wreath is amazing... I love what you can do with a few bags!

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave.com in the Tutorials category today [16 Mar 08:38am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Helen said...

LOVE this! It is gorgeous!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the CraftCrave.com Jean!! This project is really amazing!! Paper bags?? Really? Your creativity is astounding! I love how the paper bag flowers are aged on the tips, beautiful touch!