"My darling girl, when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue?
It rather denotes a lack of courage."


~Practical Magic~

Digital Freebie Update

Just to let you know.
The digital freebies found on the right hand sidebar have been updated and now are ready for downloading.

Friday, November 13, 2009

Thanksgiving Tree,Recipe Layouts & Scrapbook Layouts

Has been awhile since I posted any projects I have been working on.
Thought I would share with you my most recent.

First up is a Thanksgiving decoration created for the upcoming Holiday.

I also created this tree for a call on a new Green Blog, called CREATE IT-GREEN.
All submissions must be in by the 20Th of November if you are interested in being part of the DT.

Using an empty cookie tin, some jute and dried fern for my base.
Leaves from an old Fall garland that had seen better days, glued to a Styrofoam tree and a piece of dowel painted left over from an early project.
Styrofoam that came in a package to stuff my tin and hold tree in place.

Next up Some Recipe Cards for Recipe Card Challenge Blog.
thought I gave up on this one didn't you? LOL ...just sort of got sidetracked for awhile...but no, ready to get down to business and get that recipe box filled up.

This cake is so yummy!!!! has been around for years. Thought maybe you new mothers and wives out there might not have heard of it and would like to give it a try...makes for a fast and tasty treat when company comes calling.



A favorite morning breakfast for a cold and snowy day...will stay with you all morning.



Next 2 layouts were created for Challenges posted on the Sisterhood of Scrap Blog / Forum.
My sweet little Grand daughter Sophia as Snow White this Halloween.
Monday's Challenge on the SOS was an Inspiration Challenge.
This layout was created for the Saturday Soup Challenge on the Sisterhood of Scrap.
Took a trip up North to visit family.
My cousin and I took a road trip in search of our Colonial ancestors. Searching for the churches they had attended and cemeteries theywere buried in.
What an adventure and a privilege to be able to share with her.
We were also lucky enough to find the road they had first settled on after coming to America.
You may see some of these places in this post with a video I created.

Well, that's it for now.
Thanks for stopping by My Crafty World.
Wishing you all a great weekend :)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jean you've been busy!! I love everything in this post, especially your recipe cards! I've been meaning to do something like this for awhile and might just have to do it now - great inspiration! You're layouts are gorgeous too!