"My darling girl, when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue?
It rather denotes a lack of courage."


~Practical Magic~

Digital Freebie Update

Just to let you know.
The digital freebies found on the right hand sidebar have been updated and now are ready for downloading.

Friday, September 3, 2010

A Little of This and a Little of That

Hope all is well in your world.
Has been a very busy month of August for me her in My World.

First, I would like to introduce you all to my new Grand Daughter Sydney Elizabeth.
I know I may be partial but...isn't she the sweetest?
August 29 TH she made her arrival. All is well.

A Primitive Door Hanger I just finished up for the arrival of Fall.


A close up of the buttons. They were my G.G. Aunt Alice's. Perfect for any Primitive project!

A close up of the Sunflower.

Challenges I have been working on hosted by the Sisters of the Sisterhood of Scrap Forum for the month of August.


ATC Card


Summer Sizzle and Sketch Blog Challenges hosted by the Sisterhood of Scrap


Another sweet Grand Daughter of mine.

and another
My Aunt & Uncle when the got engaged.


Summer Sizzle Challenge/ Vintage Images are from old Sheet Music sized and turned to Black and white.

Summer Sizzle ABC Challenge/ tough one here... a list of products from A-Z to be used on One layout.

On the list was to use the Alphabet , I snuck mine in by adding them to my flowers.Hey, whatever works! Right?


Next is a little door hanger for my Grand Daughter's room. As of Sunday she has a new little Sister and will soon be moving into a big girl's room.
Hoping this makes the transition a little smoother for her.



Now this was really a different type of Challenge and I recommend that everyone should give this a try! It will really make you look at your photos in a whole new light.
First take a photo


Next create a sketch based on your photograph.


Then Create a layout based on your sketch! Wonderful way to create those layouts when you are feeling a little stuck for inspiration.
Last , but not the least A layout created from the August One Hour Sketch Challenge. Love this monthly challenge...though my Craft room always needs a major cleanup when I am done.


That's it for now, will be back soon! I hope!
Take care :)

4 comments:

Jacqueline said...

She is beautiful! And Wow! You're still cranky out the beautiful creations. Love it all. You are such an inspiration. Makes me miss scrappin'.

Jean Marie said...

Miss you too...wish you would come back (hugs)

Clemencia said...

I love your style, this is exactly what I've been looking for, combining scrapbooking with art journaling, making my own backgrounds and embellishments, thanks so much for sharing :)
would you mind if I ask you... where could I find more tutorials and information on scrapbooking and art journaling used together?
thanks a million :)

Clemencia said...

and I am following you now :)