"My darling girl, when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue?
It rather denotes a lack of courage."


~Practical Magic~

Digital Freebie Update

Just to let you know.
The digital freebies found on the right hand sidebar have been updated and now are ready for downloading.

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Playing With Paint

Second class challenge for Technique Class 101 week 1 hosted by iScrap.net is all about paints.
It has been some time since I have used paint on a layout and most times I just use a touch.

For this layout I used only paint,except for the touch of one button as embellishment.
Pieces of Saran Wrap for the background and one small brush for the flowers.
I do not consider myself a true artist,so decided the best approach would be to have fun with this.

Really like the results that plastic wrap brings to paint.
Will be trying this technique again! I had such a good time creating this layout,reminded me of my childhood days in art class.

My eldest son and Aunt's dog at my Grandmother's house...notice the graffiti on the barn walls.
My grandparents were all about expressing yourself and allowed all the grandchildren one side of the barn to do so!


3 comments:

Deanne Clarke said...

Beautiful layout, Jean!!!!

Jacqueline said...

That is gorgeous! I love it!

Anonymous said...

This is so cool!! Not an artist, phhhttt, who are you kidding?? I think this is probably one of the neatest layouts I've seen in awhile. Very original and creative - you don't even realize how artistic you are!! Great work!