"My darling girl, when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue?
It rather denotes a lack of courage."


~Practical Magic~

Digital Freebie Update

Just to let you know.
The digital freebies found on the right hand sidebar have been updated and now are ready for downloading.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Favorite Eights Award


Hello : )
Just arrived home from my vacation out West.

Many treasured memories to look back on , time spent with family and my lovely granddaughters. An extra added bonus , a visit also from my other granddaughter who lives here in my neck of the woods.

It is the first time we have all been together since the birth of the youngest grandchild.

Looking forward to Scrapping some of those precious memories.
While I was gone I was tagged and graced with my first blog award from Angie from "My Scraptastic World" !! Thanks so much, Angie !!

Here is my list ...a little insight into what I am about.

*8 Things I look Forward to ( in no particular order)
1) More Grandchildren

2) A long life

3) Steamed Crabs

4) Fall (a visit from my granddaughter and her Mama & Papa)

5) My DH stays Cancer free

6) A visit up North to visit my Aunts and family

7) Long rides on the motorcycle

8) New projects to craft


8) Things I did Yesterday

1) Kissed my family goodbye

2)Boarded a plane

3)Read a book

4) Flew across the country

5) Prayed while the plane landed

6)caught a shuttle to my car & drove home

7) said hello to my dog

8) Went to sleep


*8 Things I Wish I could Do
1) Spend more time with my Children & Grandchildren

2) Have my garden look like the ones in magazines

3) Keep my DH Cancer free

4) Travel to Alaska , Germany and Ireland

5) have more confidence in myself

6) Write a handbook on Bartender Survivor Skills

7) Create with out second guessing myself.

8) Hit the lottery :)


*8 Things or Shows I have watched lately

1) Remote Control Car Racing

2) The sun setting over the desert

3) My family all together swimming

4) Spanish dishes being created

5) Watching my eldest Granddaughter while her Mama & Papa worked

6) My youngest granddaughter crawl

7) Bunnies feasting on my garden...bad...bad...bunnies!!!

8) The United States below me while we flew home


Now, to Award 8 other Creative Folks..now that's a tough one for me to do...not that there are not 8 Creative people I feel deserve it...just a little uncomfortable for me doing this type of thing.

8 Creative People I enjoy visiting hope you will also.

(out of the comfort zone I go :) at least a little abit...Ladies, if you happen to stop by for a visit please help yourself to this award....you deserve it!! Thanks again Angie !!









3 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Thanks, Jean. Glad you had a good time with your family and can't wait to see what you create from the pictures

Hello, I'm Vicki said...

i just found your blog today and i love it!! thanks for sharing a bit about yourself, it's nice to get to know you. thanks for continuing to blog xx

Anonymous said...

Aw thanks Jean for the award!! I can't believe I'm on your list - you're too kind!! Oh I'm glad you got to spend time with your family!! I can't wait to see your pictures and creations! I'm going to see a lot of my family in July and I can't wait!! It'll give me lots of new things to scrap!