"My darling girl, when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue?
It rather denotes a lack of courage."


~Practical Magic~

Digital Freebie Update

Just to let you know.
The digital freebies found on the right hand sidebar have been updated and now are ready for downloading.

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Going Green & Grungy

Here's the Grunge.....



and here's the Green !
Week One- Day One "Going Green Challenge"
Create a project with an empty container.
Rescued 3 glass containers from making it into the county landfill this week.
A pickled egg jar, was my first rescue and started me looking out for others through out the week.
An ice tea bottle and an empty canning jar also made there way into this project.
With fall knocking on the door....perfect time to begin thinking about Halloween Decorations for the home !
I came across these wonderful spooky labels while surfing around the web , and knew exactly what I would do with my bottles.
Not sure on how to begin grunging glass, I surfed around the web and came away with the basic idea of grunging .
Taking the basics and throwing together my own personal products of choice.
I ended up with what I think are fun Halloween Decorations for a kitchen pantry or shelf.
Witches Jars!!! Spooky ?? Yes?... I think so to : ) ...But what fun to create !!
Now I have my eyes peeled out for more jars to grunge !
embellish tops of jars to suit your taste.
Placing battery operated tea lights from the Dollar store inside the jars.. help lend an extra spooky touch !
Close up of the small details that are in these labels.

Here are a couple of links I found helpful in creating this project.
LABELS designed by Johnny Love of Love Manor
As always thanks for stopping by and a big thanks to all those who generously share their inspiration and the " how to do " of crafting !

4 comments:

Deanne Clarke said...

Awesome stuff, Jean!!! I love it!!!

Nanne said...

OMG!... I love love love these jars..they look AWESOME... I really would love to attempt something like this..call the police cause I am so scraplifting this from you..wow wow wow..
cheers
Nanné :O)

Mrs B said...

Wow! I love these! I am also going to try these!!! Thanks for the inspiration!!!
Cindy B

Ali said...

Boooooo-teee-ful ideas Jean Marie!