"My darling girl, when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue?
It rather denotes a lack of courage."


~Practical Magic~

Digital Freebie Update

Just to let you know.
The digital freebies found on the right hand sidebar have been updated and now are ready for downloading.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Hats off to Going Green

My dog, finished up the last of his special treats this weekend and left me with this plastic jug to ponder over.


I thought of many different ways that I could recycle this plastic jug .
Finally committing myself to turn it into a fall decoration.

With paint, card stock, ribbon ,hot glue and a couple of Dollar Tree finds, this plastic throw away will make it's way as part of the Seasonal decorations in my home.
This would be a fun and easy project to get the children involved creating.
A couple of tips.
1. Cut your circle 2 inches wider than the base , so you will have a nice wide rim.
2. I whip stitched around the edge of the circle to give it more texture.
3. After priming , painting and drying your jug and card stock, seal with some Mod Podge and adhere together using a hot glue gun .

That's it !! I just love the little blackbird peeking out from the leaves !
Hope you have a green week and thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world :)
And don't forget to stop by "Am I a Scrap Addict" and see what fun projects Deanne has created with her trash this week !

1 comment:

Deanne Clarke said...

Oh Jean,how cool is that!!!!!!